I saw this a few days ago and I’m not entirely sure what the added benefit would be, but I thought I would post it as it looks interesting!
The idea is to play a video within a shape. Obviously it would have to be one of the default shapes of PowerPoint but still, it could be interesting if you wanted to use a rounded rectangle, or a call out bubble perhaps.
The process is actually very simple with PowerPoint 2010.
- Insert your video onto a slide.
- FInd the video using the my computer dialog box and click on insert
- Then once the video has been imported, click on it to select it
- Then to add the shape click on:
- I chose the rounded rectangular call out, but it’s readers choice!
You can also add a frame or a shadow etc. in the same way you would a picture / image.